Values and Ethos
At Greenhill Primary School, we provide a rich and exciting curriculum in a caring and supportive environment that enables pupils to develop the confidence, determination and resilience to achieve high levels of knowledge, skills and understanding.
- To ensure all children achieve high levels of maths and English skills
- To offer a broad and balanced curriculum that is relevant to the needs of our pupils
- To create memorable and engaging learning opportunities across the whole curriculum
- To promote the health and well-being of the whole school community
- To ensure all pupils develop the confidence, determination, independence and self belief to overcome challenges and difficulties
- To create a safe and caring environment that promotes positive behaviour and attitudes
- To form strong partnerships with parents and the local community
These principles guide the way we organise and implement our curriculum around the key priorities.
Statement of Curriculum Intent
At Greenhill Primary School we have three key priorities and our curriculum is designed to ensure these are met:
1 – Developing Positive Attitudes
Our children will have outstanding attitudes to their learning and to others. Our curriculum enables children to develop the confidence, determination, persistence and resilience they need to make the most of their education and the opportunities open to them.
2 – Developing Key Skills
Our curriculum ensures that children develop high levels of knowledge, understanding and skills in speaking, listening, reading, writing and maths. This is a key priority because it is essential that children have the skills needed to be able to access the whole curriculum.
3 – Engagement in learning
Our curriculum is designed to ensure that children are engaged in learning through a broad range of rich and exciting learning experiences across the curriculum. They will be engaged in learning experiences that inspire them, fill them with excitement, curiosity, awe and wonder. The curriculum will be language rich in all subjects. There will be a clear focus on the progression of knowledge, skills and understanding in subject areas. We will provide children with learning experiences in a broad range of settings, including the classroom and our extensive grounds, as well as through a wide range of trips, residentials and extra-curricular activities.