Tuesday 12th January 2021
Good morning everybody!
Today’s activities are as follows
Today we will be learning the new phonics sound “v”
Here is a game on Phonics Play to help practise the “j” and “v” sound.
Phonics Play is currently free with the log in details
Click start, Phase 3 and then select “+v” or “+j”
Simply read the words and work out if is it a real word or a nonsense word?
This week we are going to be looking at the book FunnyBones by Janet and Allan Ahlberg.
In FunnyBones they repeat the word “dark” to describe the Skeletons home area.
Can you pick 5 objects, how would you describe these objects?
For example, if I chose my cat Dusty, I would describe her using an adjective like “hairy” or “fluffy” or “cute” or “small”
How many adjectives can you think of to describe your objects?
This week we are going to be looking at measuring.
Yesterday you compared yourself to different objects in your house.
Today I would like you to compare hand sizes in your house.
Draw anybody’s hand in your house. Who has the biggest hand? Who has the smallest hand?
What else can you compare in your house?
I’ve also uploaded some games onto Twinkl Go for you to practise your height order!
And enter the password: PC0358
Science – Making Playdough
Today I have made some playdough using ingredients found in most houses.
Can you follow the recipe and make your own playdough at home?
The ingredients and method can all be found below the video!
- 250g plain flour
- 50g salt
- 140ml water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- few drops food colouring (optional)
1) Mix together the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the water and oil.
2) Knead well until mixture is smooth about 10 mins. You might need to add a bit more flour or water until the consistency is smooth but not sticky.
3) Add food colouring and knead until the colour is fully blended.
4) Store in a plastic bag in the refrigerator until chilled enough to use.