Be a Parent Governor
Parent Governor Opportunity
30th September 2020
We are looking for a parent to join our Governing Body.
School governors play a key role in raising school standards and monitoring performance. They hold senior leadership to account and make important decisions covering issues such as policy making, site management, the school’s budget and the curriculum. Governors support the school in a variety of ways in addition to attending governing body meetings. It is a very important and worthwhile role. Anyone can become a governor; the only requirement is that you have the enthusiasm and desire to make a difference.
Being a governor is an enormously challenging and rewarding opportunity. The personal benefits to you can be summarised as:
- A sense of satisfaction through knowing children will benefit from your efforts.
- The opportunity to develop new skills and to strengthen existing ones.
- The opportunity to work with people from a variety of social, cultural and religious backgrounds.
- The opportunity to gain understanding in key areas such as finance, personnel, and strategic planning.
- The opportunity to gain awareness of the education system as a whole.
To find out more about school governors, go to https://governorsforschools.org.uk/
Are you interested? If so, please telephone the school on 01924 303650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for a nomination form. The closing date for this round of nominations is Friday 16th October.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me.