WALT: find the area and perimeter of compound shapes
- Cut the shapes up in to rectangles
- Find the area of each rectangle (L x W)
-Add the areas of each rectangle together
1. Watch the video by clicking on the link below:
2. Write the WALT, date and S2S in your book
3. Click the link below for the work
4. Start with sheet 1 and work across. Re-number the questions, starting with number .
5. Find the perimeter, as well as the area, of each shape.
6. Work through sheet 2 and find the area and perimeter of the shapes.
* If you need help, go to the 'Area and Perimeter' support pages, in the maths support section (on the Y5 webpage).