WALT: convert between mixed number and improper fractions
To convert an improper fractions to a mixed number:
- Divide the numerator by the denominator.
- Write down the whole number answer
- Then, write down any remainder above the original denominator.
To convert a mixed fraction to an improper fraction:
- Multiply the whole number by the fraction's denominator.
- Add that to the numerator
- Then, write the answer on top of the denominator.
Click on the link below and have a read, to remind yourself how to convert between mixed number and improper fractions.
Complete the work sheet (click on the link below) in your maths book