1st task- Can children name all the 2D shapes in the big coloured picture?
- what can they tell you about these shapes?
- how many sides do the shapes have?
- how many corners do they have?
- can you point to the sides?
- can you point to the corners?
- which shape has the most corners? sides?
- which shape has the least corners? sides?
- which shapes have more than 3 corners?
- which shapes have less than 4 sides?
Use the table below, did they get it right?
2nd task- Can children create a picture using 2D shapes?
- how many circles have you used?
- how many squares?
3rd task- Online extension activities for children below.