Monday 25th January 2021
WALT- Write an algorithm.
Starter- What is an algorithm? Instructions that are split into little steps.
Task- Today we will be writing an algorithm in our lined books. This means we will be writing a set of instructions.
You can choose what you would like to write your algorithm for, this could be making your dinner at home, creating a dance, tidying your bedroom or your morning routine.
For example- If you are able to make a cake at home you can write an algorithm for this describing exactly what you did to make it, using small clear steps.
Making a cake-
1. Heat the oven to gas mark 4.
2. Measure the butter and sugar and put in a mixing bowl.
3. Mix the butter and sugar.
4. Get 2 eggs.
5. Add the eggs to the butter and sugar and mix.
Or if you wants to write an algorithm for a dance you can practice and create a dance routine and then write the instructions like-
Creating a dance-
1. Spin 2 times.
2. Jump up and put your hands in the air 3 times.
3. Spin 1 more time.
4. Shake your hands in the air.