Tuesday 2nd March 2021
WALT- Answer questions about a text.
Task- Children to read the beginning of the comprehension below. Children should use their phonics to read the text independently. If they are finding a word tricky, discuss with an adult. If children are not using their phonics, give 5 minutes with a pencil, writing the text in your lined books or printing the text, and adding sound buttons to each word to support this.
Domain 1b- identify / explain key aspects of fiction and non-fiction texts, such as characters, events, titles and information.
Write the questions below with the answers in your lined books. The question should be written, with the answer underneath, before moving onto the next question.
1. What is the title of the story?
2. What was the boy called?
3. What animal did Jack and his mother have?
4. What did Jack get for the cow?
5. How did Jack's mother feel when Jack came home?
6. Who gave Jack the beans?
7. What had grown the next morning?