WALT: 1c: Identify and explain the sequence of events in texts
S2S: Read the text.
Track read with your finger.
Underline key words.
Answer the questions using the text.
- What happens first in the story?
- Use three sentences to describe the beginning, middle and end of the story.
- Why does Gerald feel so sad in the middle of the story?
- Sort these sentences from the story, read them and copy them out in the correct order:
- Gerald was walking home when he spotted a musical cricket.
- Gerald was a tall giraffe and his knees were awfully crooked.
- All of the animals wanted Gerald to teach him to dance.
- In Africa they held the jungle dance, Gerald felt sad.
- When Gerald tried to run his knees buckled.
- Lots of animals danced together but sniggered and laughed at Gerald.
- Gerald began to sway and swing, he was an amazing dancer.