Today in comprehension we are going to be learning to draw on knowledge of vocabulary to understand texts using the domain 1b.
WALT: draw on knowledge of vocabulary to understand texts.
S2S: Use the page given to answer the questions.
Use your knowledge of words to understand the text.
This is the page from the class novel we are focussing on.
- What does the words 'big' and 'bad' tell you about the character?
- The writer uses words like 'cute' and 'little' to describe the animals which wolves eat. how does this make you feel?
- The writer uses the word 'folks'. What other words could they have used?
- Which phrase makes you think that the wolf isn't evil?
- Find and copy a phrase that makes you feel frustrated.