Alongside Year 2, we will be celebrating the Chinese New Year (of the horse). The KS1 team are preparing an exciting week commencing Monday 3rd - Friday 7th February consisting of a range of the following cross-curricular activities:
- Learning Mandarin from a Chinese teacher
- Visiting a Chinese restaurant in Wakefield and meeting the chef
- Learning a Kung Fu pattern
- Learning from Barnaby Bear's trip to China
- Writing our names in Mandarin using Caligraphy
- Counting to 10 in Mandarin
- Retelling a Chinese New Year folk-lore story
- Dressing up on the friday in red and gold, as gold is the dominant colour to symbolise the wish for prosperity and red is used as a lucky colour
- Making Chinese Lanterns and learning about air resistance
- Chinese workshop
... and much, much more!
Photos from the week will be uploaded to show you how much we've enjoyed it!